Sunday, January 23, 2011

Shoe Feather

This showed up in my email from my aunt Marianne...

"I have received feathers from Roberta for years.  I have saved all of them.  At different times I will come across them in my glove compartment, kitchen drawers, vases, dresser drawers.  There is a story behind each one, some that I remember and some that I do not.  But what I do know is that each feather is a message of love from Roberta, usually telling us that she is praying for us and that everything is okay even when it looks like things are not.  Tonight while babysitting my grand kids, little Mackenzie asked me to follow her to the bathroom to wash her hands.  Upon arriving in the bathroom she requested that I not watch her as she washed her hands.  I said okay and decided to put down the toilet seat and sit down.  I was tired.  As I rested I was naturally looking down and saw what I thought was a piece of food that had dropped on my boot and figured it had happened while making lasagna earlier that evening.  I went to wipe it off and lo and behold it was a feather.  How could this be?  Where was this from?  And how had it clung to my boot?  I  immediately thought of Roberta and since my birthday was last Wednesday I thought this must be a belated happy birthday.   Thanks Roberta.  I love you too!  And miss you very much!  xoxoxo"

No comments: