Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Sence of Fluttery Humor

This was found in a phone book.  I opened it up to look for something and this is the first thing I saw.  The Mother Plucker Feather Company!  Too funny!

My mom always had a sense of humor.  I remember many a night in front of the T.V. watching sit coms and laughing.  From All in the Family to The Cosby Show to Seinfeld.  Laughter was always a big part of life in my house growing up.

This page might chalk up to coincidence but I don't really believe in accidents or coincidence anymore.  There's been too many coincidences for it all to be an accident.

What's special now is the ability to remember those nights and how my Mom would always relate somehow to one of the characters in whatever show we were watching and how I would study the mannerisms and behavior of the performers.

What's the most important part of comedy?  Timing.  Right?  My mom had, and still does apparently, perfect timing...

2 comments:

Brigid Stoops said...

was on fb for a quick second this morning and only saw your link to this, didnt have time to read it. but i was running out the door with the kids, its hot, i feel like crap, teds out of town and there on our grass is a feather... your mom always sends me feathers when im having a bad mommy day.

David Bradley said...

Awesome. Thanks for sharing. Remember to come post your experiences here...