Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Well, I'll be!

I had to run into my "real job" today for a few hours to deliver a car to a customer that earlier in the week I totally screwed up on.  I misquoted him on pricing because I rushed through a part and it wound up kinking the deal. 

I took 110% responsibility for the error with the customer and management.  However, I did not know how to save the deal a few days back.  I chalked it up to, "well I know I'll never make that mistake again."  I figure that was a costly error that needed to be learned and proceeded to move on with my life.

The customer called me yesterday and we wound up finding a way to RE-aggree to terms sans any errors on my part.

Today he came in to finalize the deal.  As I pulled up his new car, I drove past this feather.  I could see it at the end of the drive and chuckled to myself.

After delivering the car, I returned to my office to find that someone had left the feather on my desk...

Turned out a coworker who knows the story, saw it outside and thought I'd like to have it.

This is one of those feathers that initially told me that everything works out in the end and just try to relax.  That's what I thought when I saw it initially, but after it found it's way to my desk, I know that the meaning is a little more than that. 

Let life flow.  Let love flow.  Allow...

No comments: